Saturday 28 February 2015

Reflecting on #28days Day 28

Today marks the end of #28daysofwriting and the opportunity to reflect on the blogging process. Due to illness I missed a week, but I found this exercise worthwhile. It has been a useful tool to explore, reflect, consider and express. As a teacher, I think that blogging or reflecting regularly is very useful for personal and professional growth, it is a great idea to document our own experiences and what we have accomplished in the classroom. It is an opportunity to be vulnerable and see how to improve, it is a platform to develop as a teacher and acknowledge what has worked and what has not.

Writing for 28minutes every day is not easy. Some days I suffered from writer's block. Some days I had little to say and other days I had too much to say. I think that a topic or focus thread for a blog is a good idea as it helps when creating a blog. I usually have too much to say and can spend ages trying to find the write words, so just writing was pretty liberating, though I found most of my posts only mediocre and that my 'writers voice' suffered because of this. As the saying goes, time is a thief and committing to 28 minutes a day, although not a long period of time, is not always easy in the busyness of life. 

What 28days has taught me though, is that regularly writing is great to reflect and share ideas, it often helps consolidate and concrete ideas, emotions, thoughts and experiences. By grappling with this, we not only live in the moment of our day, but reflect on it which is an important tool in being a lifelong invested learner and teacher. 

I doubt I will blog daily and my life gets even busier this coming week as my studies commence once again, but I do hope to make a regular effort in sharing some experiences with you and hopefully in time my 'voice' will become stronger, my learning will improve and you will contribute to my blog to help me develop, grow and learn more along the way.

A big thank you to Tom Barrett for his great idea. What a great initiative. You rock.

Let's be brave, let us be bold, LET'S BLOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment